Cupcakes are something that is very popular with the kids. It is their favorite...
- 3 cup Chicken stock
- 12 wonton wrappers
- ½ teaspoon Ginger root, fresh and chopped
- ½ tablespoon Soy sauce, light
- ½ tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- ½ tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 ounce Chopped peeled shrimp
- ¼ pound Boneless chicken, coarsely chopped
- A Pinch Green onion, finely chopped (for garnish)
Wonton Soup with Shrimp is a Chinese Dumpling classic. Whether you eat wontons fried or submerged in soup, they will always remind you of the first time you tasted the mysteriously tempting flavor of the far – east.
Winter is the season when most of us scour the internet for the most scrumptious soup recipes. Here is something that is not only an authentic delicacy, but also a filling meal, that you can easily serve as a light main course instead of an appetizer. Follow the instructions carefully to make the soup the way it was meant to be made.
- 1. Take a medium sized clean and dry bowl. Mix ginger, onion, green onion, soy sauce, chicken, wine and shrimp into this. This is the filling for the wontons.
2. Place a single teaspoon of the filling in the center of every wonton skin.
3. Moisten the edges of the wonton paper and pull the top part of the wonton to the bottom. Fold this wrapper on top of the filling and make a triangle. Press down on the edges firmly to make sure that the wonton is sealed. At this point, you need both the corners from the left and right above the filling. Overlap the tips of the corners and moisten them with water before you press them gently together. Proceed with the same procedure for all the wontons.
4. Next, boil the chicken, and when you see it bubbling, drop the wontons into this soup. Cook this for around 5 minutes.
5. Before serving, garnish it with chopped green onion.