Cheese is rich in nutrients like riboflavin and vitamin B12, which in turn are...
- 1 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ French baguette
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1/8 cup Basil, with the stems removed
- 3 Chopped roma tomatoes
- ½ oz Balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup Olive oil
- 1 ½ Minced garlic clove
- ¼ cup Sun dried tomatoes
The Tomato Topped Bruschetta (pronounced ‘Brusketta’) is a very popular and scrumptious appetizer. The balsamic vinegar gives it that hearty taste. No one can deny that tomato and fresh basil fail to make such a seasonal pair. With a little variation, you can make the authentic recipe sing.
Preparing a Bruschetta is one of the best ways to enjoy the bounties of winter. This is one classic Italian appetizer that encompasses the flavors of ripened tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and fresh herbs like basil. The easiest recipe to follow, this is one victual that looks exquisite even when you do not put too much effort in its plating. What more could one ask for? You get an amazing flavor as well as convenience. Plus, this is a super easy recipe to follow and short enough for you to memorize.
So what are you waiting for? Read on and start practicing this recipe till you perfect it to the point that you are able to show it off at the next dinner that you are going to host. Without a doubt, the Tomato Topped Bruschetta is something that is going to impress everyone.
- 1. Begin by preheating your oven on setting for broiler.
2. Take a clean and dry medium sized bowl to mix the salt, pepper, basil, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and roma tomatoes. Leave it be for ten minutes.
3. Take the baguette and cut it into slices of ¾ inch width. Use a baking sheet and arrange the slices in one layer. You need to broil this for a couple of minutes till you see that they turn slightly brown.
4. Next, you have to divide the tomato mixture evenly on top of the baguette slices. You can top these slices with mozzarella cheese.
5. Broil this for 5 minutes or till you notice that the cheese has melted entirely.
And there you have it; you can indulge in this loafy goodness anytime you want. Just make sure that you have the right ingredients stored in the kitchen. Substituting too many ingredients can lead to you ending up with a very different tasting dish.
This is the perfect dish to make part of your party menu as you can prepare a large batch of this topping before it is time for the guests to arrive. You can either bring out the bowl of bruschetta topping separately for the people to dip the toasts in, or follow the recipe accurately and have it neatly topped before serving.