Herb Seasoning mix: 1 ½ cups green onion finely chopped 1tablespoon fresh thyme 1...
- 400 to 500 grams Boneless chicken cubes
- 1 to 1 ½ tbsp Chickpea flour
- 1 cup Regular thick curd
- ½ Green bell pepper
- ½ Red bell pepper
- Taste Tomatoes
- 1 Large onion
- ¾ to 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chilli powder or paprika
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Pepper powder
- ⅛ Tablespoon Turmeric
- ½ tablespoon Fenugreek leaves (dried and crushed)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Lemon juice (use if curd is sweet)
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala
- ½ tablespoon Coriander powder
- Taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oil
Chicken Tikka Kebab is a popular starter dish. ‘Tikka’ means cube. Marinate chicken for several hours in yogurt and spices. The marination process will tenderize the chicken naturally. Grill the tender chicken pieces in an oven or a bar-be-que.
The oven is a convenient way to grill the chicken pieces at home. Make use of colors that are not harmful to yield a good vibrant color. Use well drained off thick curd.
Use meat tenderizer if the chicken is not tender. Use coriander powder if the spicy hot mixture (masala for seasoning) used is pungent or very strong.
Benefits of Chicken:
Chicken is a source of low-fat protein. It is high in an amino acid tryptophan that is a natural anti-depressant. For seniors chicken will help bone loss and reduce osteoporosis and arthritis. Chicken breast suppresses homocysteine levels, an amino acid that can cause cardiovascular diseases. Rich in phosphorus, it supports your bones and teeth along with your kidney and liver. There are a few more health benefits of chicken too.
- For preparing a good chicken tikka, kebab use drained yogurt. If you are using regular yogurt, add cheese or drain off excess water in a muslin cloth. A thick consistency of yogurt gives best results.
- Wash and cut chicken fillet to equal cubes and remove excess moisture with disposable tissues. Set the chicken pieces aside to drain away the excess water if any.
- Mix all the ingredients for the chicken tikka masala marinade with yogurt, lemon juice, and gram flour. Marinate the chicken for one to one and half hours.
- Soak the wooden skewers for about 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Marinate the vegetables for about 5 minutes after you have removed the chicken cubes from the marinate mixture.
- Put the chicken cubes and vegetables on the skewers alternately.
- Preheat the oven to 240º for 15 minutes. Bake the chicken on the skewers for 20 minutes. You may require some more time to grill if the chicken pieces are not tender.
- Serve hot with Tomato or Chilli Sauce.