Bread Omelette is one of the most familiar and delicious recipes prepared in almost...
- 1 handful chopped rocket
- 225 grams Spaghetti
- Juice of half lemon
- Lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Tomato puree
- ½ wineglass White wine
- 200 grams Peeled prawns
- 1 Crumbled dry red chili
- 1 Finely chopped garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Salt to taste
If you happen to be around Palermo, Italy you will easily find this dish in many small eateries around town. The biggest strength of this recipe that sets it apart from other Italian prawn recipes is the combination of flavors that it boasts of, and that too with easily accessible ingredients.
It would be great if you could get your hands on some super fresh prawns from the super market, but if that seems like too much hassle, frozen prawns from your local super market work just as well. Finish your shopping with good quality wild rocket and olive oil.
However, this is not your average Italian pasta dish. Some common ingredients like parsley are omitted as it does not go well with the rest of the flavorful ingredients. If you are in the mood to try something different, this is the dish to have.
- 1. Begin by cooking the spaghetti in a large pan with salted water on boil. Make sure that you follow the instructions listed on the pack.
2. Heat the olive oil in a sizable frying pan. Toss in the chili and garlic into this. Once the garlic starts to color, mix in the prawns and saute these for one minute.
3. Add in the white wine along with the puree. Simmer the food for a few minutes. Once the pasta is prepared, drain it in colander and reserve the cooking water.
4. Toss the cooked spaghetti with the sauce and drizzle the lemon juice on top with chopped rocket. Add only a little bit of reserved cooking water if you need to loosen up the sauce a little bit ( you might have to up the quantity of the seasoning then as well, taste to check what you prefer).
5. Plate the food into two separate portions and top it with the remaining rocket leaves and lemon zest.
Note: If you are using frozen prawns make sure that these are thawed out before you start cooking.
Prawns and Spaghetti is a real crowd pleaser. The perfect way to make that special someone’s day when you decide to stay at home and prepare a meal yourself, spaghetti is the staple of all DIY meals for an unseasoned cook. The prawns add a tinge of luxurious flavor.
This is super easy to make, so don’t hesitate and wow whoever you are hosting the first time around with this delicacy.