Cupcakes are something that is very popular with the kids. It is their favorite...
- 20 Wild garlic cloves
- 4 oz Grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz Grated cheddar cheese
- 100 ml Whipping cream
- 7 Pounds Potatoes
This is one of those great potato dishes that you will get to taste in restaurants. The ingredients are everything that most people relish in a hearty meal. You may feel that it would be a hassle to bake food, and you might as well just get something from the local eatery, but the aroma of this delicacy wafting towards you tempts to take a bite.
If you can get hold of wild garlic, that would be a much better choice than regular garlic cloves. This is because wild garlic gives off a comparatively subtle flavor that goes nicely with the other ingredients in this oven baked dish.
If you cannot find these ingredients in your pantry and you must shop for them, then make sure that you get the floury potato kind; these are better at soaking up the cream and when you will munch on them the dish will feel like it came nicely together. The ideal variety here would be the Red Duke of York – they are excellent for making chips, baking, and mashing.
Originally, the meal did not have two types of cheese, but if you want to, you can simply use cheddar or even go a step ahead and make this a 3-cheese delicacy.
- 1. Begin by peeling and slicing all the potatoes. Cut these veggies into slices and transfer these to a clean and dry large bowl.
2. Toss in the whipping cream, garlic, and cheese with a dash of pepper. With a large spoon, mix everything together nicely.
3. Scoop the entire thing into a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of this and flatten them down.
4. Bake this in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for an hour. After about half an hour, you can take the dish out and press the potatoes down to let the cream appear over the top of the mix. Immediately return it to the oven.
5. You will know that the dish is ready for serving when you see the color gets slightly brown and the top layer looks crispy.
And there you have it, the dish that you can boast at an outdoorsy gathering or as part of the brunch menu that you are planning for your family. If you have picky eaters in the house, this is your go-to meal. No one can say no to crispy cheese and creamy potato slices. Practice it a few times so you have an idea of what kind of variations you might need to add so as to cater to the palates of the people you are hosting.