While you crave a yearning for the banana sandwich, go in front and indulge....
- 1 cup Whipped cream
- 2 cups Chocolate chips
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- ¾ cup + 1 oz Peanut butter, creamy
- 2 cups Butter
- 2 package (30 oz) Oreos
The decadent peanut butter pie with chocolate on top is every foodies dream comes true. This is one of the most impressive and easiest desserts out there. It is made out of your favorite six ingredients, which you can get from any local grocery store near you. And that is not even the best part. The most convenient thing about this pie recipe is that you do not need to have an oven to make this; the ingredients are instead frozen before they are ready to be eaten. You can even call it the no-bake-pie.
The layer of peanut butter is not hard or chewy. Make sure you get the creamy butter and not the chunky one otherwise you will not get the same results.
- 1. Start by finely crushing the Oreos with a food processor. Once you have small crumbs of the cookies, mix them with 8 oz of melted butter until you see that it is nicely combined.
2. Press the cookie crumbs to the bottom of the pie pan and make sure you cover the sides with a layer of this as well. Freeze the crust for ten minutes so that it may retain its shape for a long while.
3. Add the leftover butter, ¾ cup peanut butter, and the powdered sugar in a clean and dry mixing bowl. Beat the ingredients together on low speed till the food reaches a creamy and smooth consistency.
4. Spoon the peanut butter mixture on top of the Oreo crust into an even layer. Put the pie pan back in the freezer.
5. Take the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and mix it with the chocolate chips in a glass bowl.
6. Put the cream in a saucepan and simmer it on medium high flame. Put the cream on top of the peanut butter and chocolate chips and let this sit for around 5 minutes. Whisk this combination until you see that these are completely smooth.
7. Layer the chocolate mixer at the end on the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate this once again for at least an hour before the pie is ready to serve.
If you are going to have company at your place, then this is the perfect dish to serve for dessert. Make it overnight and let it sit in the fridge so that it is ready when you are hosting. Just take the pie out and divide it into portions. The layers which are then visible on the sides make for a very presentable and pleasing dish. So what are you doing still reading this? Head to the kitchen now!