Wonton Soup with Shrimp is a Chinese Dumpling classic. Whether you eat wontons fried...
- 1 Egg
- 1/8 cup Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Flour
- ¼ oz Refined white sugar
- ¼ cup Warm water
- 0.12 ounce Dry yeast
- ¼ cup Milk, preferably hot
- ½ teaspoon Lemon juice
- ¼ oz Melted butter
- 1/3 cup Refined white sugar
- ¼ pounds Poppy seeds
Here is a traditional recipe for sweet yeast bread that is swirled with delicious filling. You can make this as a breakfast delicacy or as a side snack with coffee or tea.
- 1. Start by placing poppy seeds in a food processor and pulsing them until you see that the seeds have ground. This shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
2. Mix the seeds with 1/3 cup sugar, melted butter, hot milk, and lemon juice. Stir all these ingredients to mix well. Cover the poppy seed filling and refrigerate it while you focus on preparing the bread dough.
3. Combine the yeast with water and a tablespoon of sugar in a clean and dry bowl. Allow this to stand till you see the yeast creating creamy layer.
4. Add the salt to flour in a separate bowl and make use of a pastry cutter to take out 1/8 cup of butter in the flour mixture until you see that the combination looks like a coarse crumbs mashed together.
5. Pour the egg yolk and yeast mixture into the flour and stir this to make soft dough.
6. Turn the dough on top of a floured work surface and knead it until you see that it is smooth and a little springy. This will take around 5 minutes. If you see that the dough is sticky, knead in extra flour, a tablespoon per knead.
7. Roll out this dough with a rolling pin.
8. Spread the poppy seed filling over each rectangle and leave an inch border over all four sides. Fold that empty space over the filling on the sides and press down.
9. Start rolling the whole thing from one side like you see jelly rolls. After rolling, you can either pinch the ends together or tuck them in to prevent the filling from leaking out.
10. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper and place the rolls with the seams down on the baking sheet and let it rise until you see that it doubled in mass. This will take around an hour.
11. While the dough rises preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
12. Beat the egg white until you see that it is frothy then brush the rolls with this.
13. Bake this in the preheated oven. You will know that the food is cooked through when you see the top turning golden brown. Estimated time: half an hour.
14. Take the food out from the oven and cover it with a clean towel so that it cools and the crust gets soft. Make sure it is entirely cool when you slice it.