Herb Seasoning mix: 1 ½ cups green onion finely chopped 1tablespoon fresh thyme 1...
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- ½ cup cut in wedges Red onions
- 4 Nos. of medium sized cut lengthwise Carrots
- 4 pieces of boneless chicken breast Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ cup Reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup rinsed and drained Northern beans
- ½ cup Small chunks of bell pepper
- 1 Grape tomato
- 1 tablespoon Shredded lemon peel
When fresh garden veggies cooked with the chicken breast, it brings out an exotic flavor with dramatically appealing texture and color, as your whole dish looks colorful with all the healthy ingredients. People who are concerned about the food they intake and the composition of food, for them chicken and vegetable sauté is a fantastic recipe with all the expected nutrients. It is considered to be a protein rich recipe with the goodness of vegetables.
1. You can take advantage of any vegetables like cabbage, pea pods, ginger and garlic powder, etc.
2. Use low sodium broth, to keep the dish healthy.
Broccoli is considered to be one of the powerful ingredients as it has the properties, to help you protect from cancer. Apart from this, it is a superb source of vitamin C, folate, fiber and vitamin B6. The breast of chicken composes less cholesterol, calories, and fat, so here chicken becomes good sources of protein. Above all, it uses very little oil. So as a whole when the chicken becomes a healthy food with the healthy ingredients, it embraces not only the taste but also the nutritional value. Thereby the chicken and vegetable sauté is a package of yummy low-calorie dish for all the weight watchers.
- Take a big saucepan and fill it with a 3/4th quantity of water. Add ½ teaspoon of salt into the water. Once when the water starts boiling, add broccoli’s and carrots. Make sure that the vegetables are not overcooked. Cook them for about 3 – 5 mins retaining the crisp and tender element (half- cooked). Drain the vegetables from the water and keep aside for cooling.
- Then season the chicken with salt and pepper and heat the pan with some olive oil on a medium flame, cook the seasoned chicken on the medium-high heat for about 10-12 mins till it turns brown evenly, stir the chicken occasionally. When done keep it aside.
- Next in the same pan with some oil, add red onions, bell peppers, beans, chicken broth, lemon peel, tomatoes, half- cooked carrots and broccoli stir fry them for about 3-4 mins and then finally add chicken pieces and stir for some 2-3 mins on high flame.
- Make a well-dressed serving and serve hot.