Shawarma originates from the Middle East. It is traditionally known as garlicky meat delicacy...
- ½ cup Ccooking sherry
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz Olive oil
- 4 oz Butter
- 8 Boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Flour
This is one classic dish that you do not see around anymore. Chicken braised with Marsala wine is probably one of those meals that most people have never tried before. It is fast and easy to make and perfect for dinner with the family.
Italian Chicken Marsala goes back to the 19th century where the recipe was adopted by English families who had settled in Western Sicily – this is where Marsala originated. A similar recipe is used with chicken to make the Marsala reduction sauce.
The ingredients listed in the recipe are critical to the flavor; therefore, unlike many classic recipes, you cannot substitute any of them; the resulting taste would be entirely different from the one that makes Italian Chicken Marsala distinctive.
This is a decadent meal to have if you are planning on having a cheat meal day, and one that you know you are going to indulge in heartily. Make sure that you have all the utensils prepared before you start prepping the ingredients so as to waste as little time as possible in the whole cooking experience.
- 1. Take a shallow bowl or a dish and mix the oregano, pepper, salt, and flour together.
2. Next, coat the chicken pieces into the flour mixture.
3. Take up a large skillet, first melt oil and butter in it over medium flame. Continue by placing the chicken in the pan, and making sure that it turns lightly brown. Turn the chicken pieces over and mix in the mushroom slices into this.
4. At this point, you must pour over the sherry and wine together on the food. Put the lid on the skillet and allow it to simmer for around 10 minutes, turn it once, until you see that the meat has no traces of pink left and the juices have run clear.
Note: Make use of aluminum foil if you have trouble handling the food.
And there you have the Italian delicacy that you do not get to try too often at Italian restaurants. Try making it once or twice so that you can perfect the recipe for yourself. Italian Chicken Marsala is the go to meal for any event that you are hosting, or when you want to have your friends get a taste of your culinary skills.
First, have your friends try out this meal so that you know where you have to make the tweaks on the cooking method and improve upon it. Once you make this traditional Italian delicacy a few times, tweaking it as and when necessary, there is no stopping you from dishing out a flawless Italian Chicken Marsala on a platter.