Here is a traditional recipe for sweet yeast bread that is swirled with delicious...
- 1 Cup Pasta
- 1 Small/medium onion
- 1 Medium tomato
- ½ tbsp Chopped garlic
- ¼ Cup Peas and chopped carrots
- ¼ Cup Chopped capsicum
- 1tsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Spice powder
- ¼ tsp Pepper powder
- A Pinch of Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 2-3 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- as required Salt
Pasta is an important part of Italian cuisine, and it is a staple food of their cuisine. Pasta is such a versatile dish, and you will find thousands of ways to prepare it. It is a very similar descendant of Asian Noodles. There is every reason to believe that pasta came from Italy but later on some studies revealed that it originated somewhere else. However, the most famous recipes of pasta are from Italy, and that is the reason why it became synonymous with Italian cuisine. Though it is difficult to prove, people believe that, Marco Polo brought pasta to Italy via China.
If you want the dish to be a little spicier, you can some chopped green chilies along with the onions.
Instead of adding tomato paste, you can also add tomato sauce.
You can also add baby corns, mushrooms or colored capsicum instead of green one.
If you prefer to have the pasta in a more south Indian style, you can add mustard seeds along with cumin seeds. You can also add curry leaves to the dish if you prefer.
Pasta is considered as a not-so-good food as it is a carbohydrate food. But the truth is that, if you eat the right kinds if pasta and that too in moderation, it can benefit your health in different ways.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a vessel and bring to boil. Then add pasta and required amount of salt and cook till done. You can refer to the instructions on the pasta pack to prepare it.
- Boil some water in another vessel and when it is boiling, immerse the tomato in hot water for a minute. Take out the tomato, run it under cold water, and peel off its skin. Then grind the tomato until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds splutter, add finely chopped garlic to it and fry until the raw smell goes off. Do not burn it. Cook in a low or medium flame.
- Add finely chopped onion and fry till it becomes shallow.
- Then add green peas, carrot, capsicum and salt to it and cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomato puree.
- Now add all the powders. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, spice powder, pepper powder and Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Fry the vegetables in a medium flame till the oil separates.
- Finally, add the cooked pasta and toss everything well.
- Switch off the stove and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.