Burritos are Mexican-American staple which is basically a tortilla made out of maize flour...
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 6 cups chopped broccoli (stems and florets)
- 2 cups Water
Best served with brown bread but can also have its own. You may also garnish the soup with some Broccoli leaves.
You should take care to wash the Broccoli leaves thoroughly in running water before using them. You can use parsley instead of thyme too.
Broccoli is very rich in vitamin C, which helps in building up metabolism and is beneficial as it promotes weight loss. In addition, Broccoli is an excellent source of Vitamin B6, antioxidants, and calcium. That is the reason Broccoli recommended as a weight loss diet if you are looking to lose weight as it promises good nutritional value, unlike some other crash diets that miss out vital nutrients.
Broccoli is also an excellent source of fiber, which is beneficial during the dietary program as it leaves your body feeling full and takes a bit longer to digest, unlike traditional food items. It lowers blood cholesterol and can keep various heart diseases at bay.
Helps to build immune:
Broccoli helps in building up immunity and does not leave your body hungry while on a diet. It provides a feeling of fullness due to its higher fiber content and is an excellent source of vitamins and calcium. This recipe is ideal if you are looking for a recipe that provides you with adequate nutrients and does not leave you feeling hungry either. The soup is rich in nutrients and lower in terms of calorific value. This Broccoli creamy soup ensures that you eat healthy without cutting down on nutritional content, which is why it is so much in demand.
- Take the butter, oil together, and heat in an oven till the butter starts melting.
- In the meantime, chop the onion into small pieces.
- Take a large sized container and add olive oil.
- Now add the celery and keep stirring. Stirring is imperative as it will decide the taste of the final prepared soup so continue stirring well while adding the ingredients.
- Now add garlic and thyme. Ensure that both ingredients are fresh and chopped into fine pieces.
- Keep stirring gently for about ten minutes.
- Add the broccoli, vegetable broth, and water. Stir well. Heat it on high flame and cook for three minutes.
- You can now transfer the prepared soup in a blender and blend well. Let it set for some time and estimate the thickness. If it is thick enough, you should not continue blending it, if you keep mixing it will become thicker.
Now add salt and pepper for taste.
Heat again for some time and serve.