It is one of the most delicious recipes of fried chicken giving the taste...
- 3 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1.5 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1.5 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
- ½ Capsicum
- 1 large fine sliced Onion
- 2 or 3 Green Chillies
- 4 to 5 Boiled Eggs
- 1 Chopped Tomato
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ⅛ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp Biryani Masala (seasoning)
- Chopped Mint and Coriander leaves
- to taste Salt
- 45 ml or 3 tsp Fresh Yogurt /Curd (sweet)
- 2 ½ Cup Water
Egg Biriyani Recipe is very simple to prepare and does not take long to cook. You can make Egg Biryani in a pot or a pressure cooker. Adding potatoes or capsicum will add to the flavors of the Biryani. Use fresh spices and biriyani spice mixture (seasoning) powder for cooking purpose.
Boil the eggs and keep in the fridge with their shells. Peel and slice the eggs before using them. Chop Onions and keep ready beforehand to save time during the actual cooking. You can also pre-cook the rice and keep in the fridge. Heat it along with the spices.
Benefits of Eggs:
Eggs are an excellent source of protein and vitamin B2. It also is rich in selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and mineral like zinc, iron, and copper. The egg contains healthy fat. It has approximately 38% monounsaturated, 16% polyunsaturated and only 28% saturated fat. Eggs are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help to the functioning of the brain properly and normal vision. The spices in the Biryani help in digestion.
- Soak rice for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Drain the water and set the rice aside.
- Boil the eggs and wash them after removing the shells.
- Put oil in a pressure pan or vessel to cook the biryani. Add capsicums or potatoes (whatever you are using) and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside after frying.
- Add the dry spices and allow them to sizzle. Add onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry.
- Add tomatoes, mint, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt, and yogurt. Cook until the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Add eggs, potatoes (if using) and biryani masala powder and fry until the mixture becomes thick gravy.
- Pour water, add salt as per taste and let it boil.
- Add rice, capsicums and cook until rice is fully cooked.
- Cook the rice in an entirely covered pan. If using a pressure cooker, close the lid and cook on a very low flame for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook the rice. Be careful during cooking not to overcook the rice and put off the flame quickly.
- Serve with Onion or Mint Raita.