Preparation: This Chicken Pot Pie is very simple to prepare. You do not necessarily...
- 100 gm Chicken (Boneless)
- 1 Egg
- 4 Cup Chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon Corn flour
- 3 tablespoon Chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon Tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- ¼ tablespoon White pepper
- ¼ tablespoon Black pepper
- ¼ tablespoon Cabbage
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Green shallots
- Taste Salt
It is a very popular dish in the Chinese food cuisine. This soup is available in the menu charts of almost all Chinese restaurants. It is a starter; you can order this excellent soup, before ordering the main course. You can also have this in your breakfast or the evening in homes. The hot and sour chicken soup has several vegetable ingredients like green shallots, capsicum, carrots, and cabbage, apart from chicken. For the hot and sour soup preparation, we use a very simple cooking technique, which is very easy to follow. Variety of spices are very less used for making the soup and hence it is an excellent starter with lots of health benefits.
It takes around 10 minutes to get the excellent dish made. The cooking time is nearly 15 minutes. Therefore, you do not have to spend much time in arranging the ingredients and cooking this soup. This soup can be prepared quickly at home and does not need any cooking expertise at all. Below are the steps to make delicious Chicken Hot and Sour Soup.
- First, take a clean and dry bowl of medium size for cooking the soup. Then collect all the ingredients mentioned above before cooking.
- Chop the boneless chicken into fine pieces with a chopper. Mix it thoroughly with the chicken stock.
- Add water in the bowl and put it for boiling in medium flame. Put the chicken mix in boiling water until the mix starts tendering.
- Cut the cabbage, capsicum, carrot and green shallots in the form of stripes.
- After the chicken soup starts boiling a little, add the vegetable chops into it and stir it well.
- Now add all the sauces mentioned above into the boiling soup. Also, add the spices to it. You can reduce or add up spices for your soup as per your wish to make the soup matching to your taste buds. Add salt as required for taste. Keep cooking the mixture for 4 – 6 minutes.
- Mix the corn flour in the boiling mixture and stir well. Then beat the egg and add it to the mix. It will thicken the soup further. If it thickens much, you can add a little water. Now keep cooking it for 3 – 4 minutes.
- You can put a lid on the bowl so that the flavors of the hot and sour soup will be intact within the cooking pot. After it starts boiling again, lower the flame and take out the bowl from the stove.
- Garnishing is a necessary treatment for serving the Chicken hot and sour soup. Therefore, you can garnish the soup with some green onion. Put the soup in a medium sized soup bowl for serving. You can also add some extra black pepper and a little lemon juice as a topping.